c) Visa Fee:
1. Fee required to obtain Tourist Visa from Nepalese diplomatic agencies and entry points:
a. US $ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.
b. US $ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.
c. US $ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.
d. Regardless of the provision stated in 1(a) and 1(b), tourists with passport from South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) nations aren't required to pay visa fee for 30 days.
2. Fee to be levied for renewal or regularization of tourist visa
a. Nepalese currency equivalent to US $ 2 per day to renew the validity of tourist visa.
b. If multiple entry facility is required to be valid for the renewed period, additional US $ 20 along with fees prescribed in 2 (a) has to be paid.
c. Foreigner who have stayed here without renewing visa, need to pay Nepalese currency equivalent to US $ 3 per day along with the reqired extension fee.
d. Foreigners, who have already overstayed for more than 150 days without renewing tourist visa shall be levied the fees referred in clause 2(c) and a penalty of Rs 50,000 as per the Immigration Act.
e. Regardless of provision stated in 2(a), 15 days is counted as minimum extension period and visa fee is charged accordingly. For extension period more than 15 days, visa fee is charged as per the provision of 2(a).
- The tourist visa shall be granted for a period in maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Visa years means January to December).
- A tourist who has departed before the expiry of the period specified in the visa issued in a visa year shall not be allowed to use the visa by adding the remaining period to another visa year.
- However, foreigner visitors, who have entered the country towards the end of a visa year, can use the remainder of his visa period in another visa year.