Round Dhaulagiri Trek : Overview
Round Dhaulagiri Trekking is one of the most popular and the most challenging trekking in Nepal. Dhaulagiri is the 6th highest mountain in the world.
Dhaulagiri round trekking begins from Kathmandu to Beni by bus, from Beni, we set out trekking on foot. In between, we happen to cross many cultivated fields, forests and villages, where various ethnic groups reside, namely, Gurung, Chhetri, and Magar etc. and after few days trip, we reach at Italian base camp, from where we can see the exciting views of Dhaulagiri I, II, III, IV& V. we will have a rest for few days for acclimatize with the altitude.
Once we are ready, we head on to Dhaulagiri north base camp, and continue our trek to the French pass [5,240 m] and Thapa pass [5,155 m]. In between we can encounter semi-wild yak herds, mountain sheep or the elusive snow leopard etc and we also can see the views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Throng peak, Annapurna and Kali Gandaki River; the world deepest gorge. Subsequently, we descend down to Marpha, a popular city of Mustang district, which is situated between majestic mountain of Annapurna, Nilgiri and Machhapuchhare, and then we reach at Tatopani [hot-water in Nepali], where we can have a bath as well. From Tatopani, we ascend down to Pokhara and then finally back to Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu & transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sight Seeing
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Beni.
Day 04: Trek to Babiyachaour.
Day 05: Trek to Darbang.
Day 06: Trek to Takum.
Day 07: Trek to Muri.
Day 08: Trek to Boghara.
Day 09: Trek to Doban.
Day 10: Trek to Italian Base Camp.
Day 11: Acclimatization day at Italian Base Camp.
Day 12: Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp.
Day 13: Trek to Hidden Valley (5000m.) crossing French Pass (5360m).
Day 14: Rest day at Hidden Valley.
Day 15: Trek to Yak Kharka crossing the Thapa Pass (5200m).
Day 16: Trek down to Tukuche.
Day 17: Trek to Ghasa.
Day 18: Trek to Tatopani.
Day 19: Trek to Sikha.
Day 20: Trek to Ghorepani.
Day 21: Trek to Tikedhunga.
Day 22: Trek to Nayapul (4 hours), then drive to Pokhara.
Day 23: Drive Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Day 24: Free Day in Kathmandu
Day 24: Transfer to Airport for Final Departure.
01. Arrival & Departure:Airport Transfers-airport/Hotel/Airport by jeep ,car bus depends on group size
02. Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu at 3 star hotels on BB plan.
03. Sightseeing in Kathmandu with expert guide and entry fee as well.
04. Tented camp in trekking.
05. Meals on full board (breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) with hot drinks tea and coffee.
06. Special permit.
07. All necessary camping gears like two men tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, Toilet tent, Shower tent, kitchen equipment, mattress.
08. An experienced guide and cook and porters.
09. All the government taxes.
01. Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
02. Travel insurance
03. Non-scheduled meals drink like Snack chocolate, Bear, coke, during the trek
04. Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry.
05. Tips for guide and driver etc.
06. Any expenses incurred during emergency evacuation due to any reason
07. Personal expenses such as telephone.
08. Nepal's Visa: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 100 days US$ 100)
Trekking Equipment list,
- Desert camp – 1
- Head lamp – 1 with 3 pair batteries
- Sun glass – 1
- Neck warmer – 1
- Fleece jacket – 1
- Water proof jacket -1
- Down Jacket -1
- Trekking pants – 2
- Water proof pants – 1
- Thermal coat – 2 set.
- Lightweight thermal gloves – 1 pair
- Warm fleece hat – 1
- Sleeping Bag rated to 0 Degree
- Small padlock to lock trek bag.
- Basic first aid kit.
- Daypack bag – 35 Ltr.
- Water Bottle – 1
- Small wash towel – 1
- Duggle Bag – 1 to put your things in during trekking.
- Trekking boots – 1 pair
- Sandal or walking shoes – 1 pear to put on while in camp.
- Required toiletries
- Socks for trekking and for warm one for camp.
- Shirts and T-shirt at your needs.
- Sun cream of 15 SPF – 1 piece