Mt. Chamlang : Overview
Chamlang Mountain ( 7319 m / 24012 ft ) is a beautiful mountain lying in the Makalu region (Hongu valley, southwest of Makalu). A Japanese expedition team member So Anma and a Nepali Sherpa Pasang Phutar Sherpa were the first to climb this mountain on the 31st May 1962 led by Takeo Okamoto. It is a steep forward mountain that demands good physical fitness and technical climbing. This peak boasts an absolutely stunning summit panorama that includes 5 of the world’s 8,000m peaks and other smaller peaks: Everest, Kangchenjunga, Makalu, Cho-Oyu, Lhotse, and many other 7,000m peaks including Baruntse, Ama Dablam, Pumori, Kangtega, Nuptse and other marvellous view around. Base Camp is situated at an altitude of 4200m from where we set up 3 camps before attempting the summit (Camp I -5,200m), Camp II-5,700m, Camp III-6,300m).
- DAY 01: Arrival to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
- DAY2-3: Preparation for the expedition.
- DAY 04: Fly to Lukla 2800 M. and trek to Chutanga 3100 M. –overnignt at Lodge
- DAY 05: Trek Chutanga Zatra La 4600 M. to Chatrarbu (Thuli Khark)- overnight at Lodge
- DAY 06: Trek Chatrarbu (Thuli Khark) to Kothey 3090m. –overnight at Lodge
- DAY 07: Trek Kothey to Thangnak 4355 M –overnight at Lodge
- DAY 08: Trek Thangnak to Khare –overnight at Lodge
- DAY 09: Trek Khare to Mera La –overnight camping
- DAY 10: Trek Mera La to Chamlang Low- Overnight Camping
- DAY 11: Trek Chamlang Low camp –to Camplang Base camp
- DAY 12-28: CLIMBING PERIOD OF MT. CHAMLANG
- DAY 29: Trek Chamlang BC, Mera La to Khare – Overnight at Lodge
- DAY 30: Trek Khare to Kothey –Overnight at Lodge
- DAY 31: Trek Kothey to Chutanga –Overnight at Lodge
- DAY 32: Trek Chutanga to Lukla –Overnight at Lodge
- DAY 33: Fly to Kathmandu & transfer to hotel
- DAY 34: Rest day at Kathmandu
- DAY 35: Final Departure to your destination
01. Arrival and departure : Airport transfers ( Airport /Hotel/ Airport )
02. Hotel in Kathmandu : 4night in Kathmandu 3 star Hotel on bed and breakfast Basis Double –Room
03. Permit : Climbing permit for mount Chamlang 7319M.
04. Transportation : Fly from Kathmandu –lukla – Kathmandu
05. Liasion Officer : 1 Government liaison officer with full salary, accommodation and equipment.
06. Heater : Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp
07. Light : 1 Solar panel for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
08. Lodging & Fooding : All food fuel and accommodation for member and Sherpa staffs throughout the expedition period at base camp and while approaching to / from base camp
09. Base Camp Staff : Base camp Cook & kitchen HelperBase camp equipment : Base campfoam Mattresses, dinning, Kitchen, Toilet & Store tents, hot shower, Tables & chairs & Cooking gears
10. Base Tent : VE25 North face or Kailas tents for base camp for per member
11. Dinner: one Farewell Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Nepalese staffs
01. Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in Katmandu Hotel stay and more then 4 nights in Kathmandu Hotel
02. Insurance : Travel and high altitude insurance ,accident, medical & emergency evacuation
03. Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages, personal equipment and shopping
04. Nepal's Visa: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days ( to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100)
05. Sherpa summit Bonus & Tips : Sherpa Summit bonus US$500 , please calculate some tips
06. Rescue Evacuation : Emergency rescue evacuation cost, if needed and all other personal nature expenses