Langtang Gosainkunda Helambu Trek : Overview
The Langtang valley is aptly called the valley of glacier. Here the mountain valley is spectacular. On either side of valley, mountains rise, soaring in to the sky. The valley offers pain forest, slow moving rivers and swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow- capped peaks, grassy downs and meadows strewn with daisies and wild Primus. In the upper part of valley there are snow bridges spanning angry torrents, high passes enveloped in mist, tiny lake with iceberg floating on them and water of crystalline brightness. There are also high mountains of slide ice. Gosainkunda, regarded as sacred land in Hinduism, is dotted with lakes atop the mountain, offering a quiet respite. There are few visitors outside of those who come for the summer festival. Helumbu is the land of Sherpa village where you can see many monastery and ethnic groups and panoramic view of the mountain between Annapurna to Mt. Everest. The course is varied- you encounter Lamas and see Gorpas (monasteries), Chorten (Stupas), and Mani stone (Prayer walls). Most of ethnic groups believe in Buddhism. If you are in there in wintertime you will see their great festival call Loshar.
Day 01: Arrival In Kathmandu, Transfer to hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
Day 03: Katmandu - Syabrubensi
Day 04: Syabrubensi - Khanjung - Syarpagaon
Day 05: Syarpagoan - Lama hotel - Langtang Valley
Day 06: Langtang Valley - Kyangjing Gompa
Day 07: Kyangjing Gompa - Yala Cheese factory - Langtang
Day 08: Explore Langtang Valley
Day 09: Langtang - Lama Hotel
Day 10: Lama Hotel - Big Syabru
Day 11: Big Syabru - Sing Gompa
Day 12: Sing gompa - Gosainkunda
Day 13: Gosainkunda - Thare Pati
Day 14: Tharepati to Melamche Gaon
Day 15: Melamche Gaon to Tarke Ghyang
Day 16: Tarke Ghyang to Shermathang
Day 17: Shermathang to Melamched pul
Day 18: Melamche Pul to Katmandu.
Day 19: Free Day in Kathmandu
Day 20: Final Departure
01. Pick-up and drop-off service at Airport in Kathmandu by private Car/Van/Bus.
02. 3 Nights Hotel in Kathmandu.
03. Kathmandu valley sightseeing by professional tour guide.
04. Hotel to Bus Park by car/bus station hotel car.
05. Kathmandu - Syabrubensi - Kathmandu by Public bus or Jeep.
06. Langtang National park entrance permits and TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System) card.
07. One English speaking experience guide required porters.
08. All meals (Breakfast, lunch and dinner) with home stay or Lodge accommodation during the trek.
09. Guide's; porter's food, lodge, insurance, equipment, salary etc.
10. All government taxes and official charge.
11. Local fresh fruit like orange, banana, apple, grape etc .
12. Farewell dinner at Nepali Authentic Restaurant in Kathmandu.
01. International airfare and visa fee (15 days for USD$25 and 30 days for USD$40).
02. Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
03. All the drinks such as: coke, beer, mineral water.
04. Your trekking gears.
05. Your travel insurance which should include the emergency rescue.
06. Tips for your guide and porters etc.
Trekking Equipment list,
- Desert camp – 1
- Head lamp – 1 with 3 pair batteries
- Sun glass – 1
- Neck warmer – 1
- Fleece jacket – 1
- Water proof jacket -1
- Down Jacket -1
- Trekking pants – 2
- Water proof pants – 1
- Thermal coat – 2 set.
- Lightweight thermal gloves – 1 pair
- Warm fleece hat – 1
- Sleeping Bag rated to 0 Degree
- Small padlock to lock trek bag.
- Basic first aid kit.
- Daypack bag – 35 Ltr.
- Water Bottle – 1
- Small wash towel – 1
- Duggle Bag – 1 to put your things in during trekking.
- Trekking boots – 1 pair
- Sandal or walking shoes – 1 pear to put on while in camp.
- Required toiletries
- Socks for trekking and for warm one for camp.
- Shirts and T-shirt at your needs.
- Sun cream of 15 SPF – 1 piece