Himlung Himal Expedition : Overview
The Himlung Himal is situated in the Manaslu region northeast of the Annapurna region, which is considered one of the remote corners of Nepal and Tibet border. This mountain has been becoming popular day by day to the climbers on these present days. Himlung Himal with an altitude of 7126 meters lies in the remote corner of Nepal and Tibet boarder. Previously a restricted region, Nepal Government opened the region only in 1992 by and so far only a few expedition teams including Japanese and French have summited Mount Himlung. Expedition for Himlung Himal follows Round Annapurna route to Koto and from Koto towards Nar-phu Gaun. The route passes through high peaks and passes, glaciers, remote villages, narrow gullies, forests, rocks, springs, Gompas and unique cultural settlements. The expedition also offers mysterious culture and panoramic mountain views of Nandadevi, Rajramba, Api Himal, Kappa Chuli Peak and many more. Himlung Himal isn’t of particularly difficult it is a very beautiful course of alpinism in altitude from its Base Camp to the summit. The route to Phu Gaon from Manang is newly opened and fewer tourists have visited, so far. These routes are combined with high peaks and passes, glaciers, remote villages, narrow gullies, lovely forests, amazing rock and spring formations, Gompas and unique varied cultures. Base camp will be established at the height of 4900m; which is located at the upper border of one of pastures belong to Phu. Normally three high camps will be established to reach the Summit. Camp I at the height of 5450m, Camp II at 6000m and Camp III at 6350m. Technically Mt. Himlung Himal is not so difficult. It is very beautiful mountain for alpinism in altitude from its base camp to the summit.
Day 01: Arrival in kathmandu and meet with Seven summit treks representative at the airport and transfer to hotel . Welcome drinks and short briefing about expedition
Day 02: Full day Sightseeing Trip Kathmandu Valley like as Boudhanath Stupa , Pashupatinath temple, Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swayambhunath Stupa with our well experiences English Speaking Tour Guide by private car, Overnight in Hotel .
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Bhulbhule 840m/6-7hours by Tourist Bus, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 04: Trek from Bhulbhule to Jagat 1300m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 05: Trek from Jagat to Dharapani 1860m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 06: Trek from Dharapani to Koto 2600m/5-6hours, stay overnight at camp.
Day 07: Trek from Koto to Meta 3560m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 08: Trek from Meta to Kyang 3840m/4-5hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 09: Trek from Kyang to Phu Gaon 3900m/3-4hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Exploration Day in Phu Village, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek from Phu Gaon to Himlung Himal Base Camp 4920m/4-5hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12-22: Preparation for Climbing, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 23-30: Climbing Period, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 31: Trek from Base Camp to Phu Gaon 3900m/4-5hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 32: Trek from Phu Gaon to Naar Gaon 4110m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 33: Trek from Naar Gaon to Kang-La Phedi 4425m/3-4hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 34: Trek from Kang-La Phedi to Pisang 2675m/6-7hours via Kang-La Pass 5325m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 35: Trek from Pisang to Chame 2670m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 36: Trek from Chame to Dharapani 1860m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 37: Trek from Dharapani to Jagat 1300m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 38: Trek from Jagat to Bhulbhule 840m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 39: Drive from Bhulbhule to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Day 40: Free Day for Shopping in Kathmandu.
Day 41: Final Departure to International Airport.
01. Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
02. 4 nights accommodations with breakfast at Standard hotel in Kathmandu.
03. Kathmandu city/sightseeing tour as per the above itinerary.
04. Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
05. Tented accommodations with 2 persons sharing basis during the trek and climbing.
06. 1experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, porters (Necessary porters ), their food & accommodation, salary, equipment & insurance.
07. Camping Equipment's (Tents, Kitchen Utensils and Mattresses).
08. All transportation by bus/car.
09. Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and all necessary permits.
10. Naar-Phu Valley Restricted Permit.
11. Climbing permit, Garbage deposit.
12. Peak Climber’s (Sherpa) equipment charge, insurance and salary.
13. First Aid Medical Kit box and necessary emergency equipment.
14. Tourist service charge, Vat.
15. Office Service charge.
01. Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
02. Personal Travel insurance.
03. International airfare to and from Nepal.
04. Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
05 . Items and expenses of personal nature.
06. Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, Internet.
07. Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
08. Horse renting and extra porter used during the trek.
09. Personal Trekking Equipment.
10. Tips for guide, porters, driver.
S/No Particular Qty
(1) Down suits (dangri) 1
(2) Summit shoe 1
(3) Walking shoe 1
(4) Crampon 1
(5) Summit Glove (Mitten) 1
(6) Normal gloves 2
(7) Summit Snow goggles 1
(8) Glacier glasses 1
(9) Ice axe 1
(10) Harness 1
(11) jumer 1
(12) Carabiners (normal) 3
(13) Sleeping bag (-40C) 1
(14) Down filled Mattress 1
(15) Summit socks 2
(16) Normal socks 3
(17) Climbing bag (40 ltr) 1
(18) Helmet 1
(19) Down jacket 1
(20) Down trouser 1
(21) 8 finger / descender 1
(22) Headlamp (Icon or Spot) 1
(23) Gore-Tex jacket 1
(24) Gore-Tex trouser 1
(25) Fleece jacket 1
(26) Fleece trouser 1
(27) Fleece liner gloves 3
(28) Screw Gate Carabiner 1
(29) Balaclava (wind stopper) 1
(30) Thermos bottle 1
(31) Base layer (woolen) 2 (set)
(32) Water bottle normal 1 .