Mt. Ama Dablam : Overview
Ama Dablam is one of the most beautiful mountain in the World, situated in the Himalaya range of eastern Nepal. The main peak is 6,812 meters high. Ama Dablam dominates the eastern sky for anyone trekking to Mount Everest base camp. Ama Dablam is known as one of the most impressive mountain in the world, not for its altitude, but for its beauty, aesthetics and the pure exposure encountered high on its flanks. Most parties attempt the SW ridge, climbing expedition style, fixing ropes, ferrying loads, and acclimatizing slowly. The mountain has gained in popularity over the past 8 years. It's common to encounter high altitude Everest veterans having problems with the technical difficulties encountered on the crux pitches of this climb.
Ama Dablam was first climbed on March 13, 1961 by Mike Gill (NZ), Barry Bishop (USA), Mike Ward (UK) and Wally Romanes (NZ) via the Southwest Ridge. Ama Dablam is the third most popular Himalayan peak for permitted expeditions. The most popular route by far is the Southwest Ridge (right skyline in the photo). Climbers typically set up three camps along the ridge with camp 3 just below and to the right of the hanging glacier, the Dablam. A climbing permit and a liaison officer are required when attempting Ama Dablam. As with Mt. Everest, the best climbing months are April-May (before the monsoon) and September-October.
Day 1 Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel
Day 2 Documentation preparation day for office O/N Hotel
Day 3 Fly to Lukla and trek further to Monjo (2800m, 4hr), or Phakdingma O/N lodge .
Day 4 Trek to Namche Bazaar village (3400m) O/N Lodge
Day 5 Rest day in Namche Bazaar.
Day 6 Trek to Tengboche monastery (3860m)(4hr) O/N Lodge
Day 7 Trek to Pangboche and O/N Lodge
Day 8 Trek to Ama Dablam Base Camp and O/N Camp
Day 9 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 10 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 11 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 12 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 13 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 14 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 15 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 16 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 17 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 18 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 19 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 20 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 21 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 22 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 23 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 24 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 25 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 26 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 27 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 28 Climbing Period of Ama Dablam (B.C./Summit /B.C.)
Day 29 Trek Descent to Namche Bazaar.
Day 30 Trek Descent to Lukla.
Day 31 Flight to Kathmandu. Hotel Thamel.
Day 32 Flight home.
- Arrival & Departure: Airport - Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
- Hotel Accommodation In Kathmandu: 4 nights hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Double Room.
- Member transportation:
- Air Transportation: Fly from Kathmandu – Lukla and while returning Lukla - Kathmandu, as per itinerary
- Transportation: Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs From Kathmandu to Lukla (by air cargo/vehicle) and to Base camp (by Porters / Yak) – While returning: Base camp to Lukla (by porters / Yak) and Lukla to Kathmandu (by air cargo/vehicle). Member’s personal equipment will be transport by air.
- Permit: Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Ama Dablam, National park & TIMS permit, conservation area entry fee.
- Garbage Management: Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
- Lodging & Fooding: Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and BC. Well-managed base camp set up for member & Staffs. Kailas or The north face tents will be set up while camping in sharing basis.
- Cargo Clearance: International Air cargo clearance of Member Personal Luggage & Payment of Government taxes in Nepal.
- Liaison Officer: 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary and accommodation.
- Base Camp Staff: Base camp Cook & kitchen Helpers as required.
- Porter: Porters per member up to Base camp from Lukla & Porters return from Base camp to Lukla.
- Staff Salary and allowance: All Nepalese staffs & porters daily wages, equipment, food & clothing.
- Insurance: Medical & Emergency rescue Insurance for all involved staffs during the trek and expedition.
- Member Luggage: Up to 60 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porter or Yak.
- Base Camp Tent: Each member will have individual Yak Mountain or Kailas tent in Base Camp.
- Base Camp equipment: Base camp foam mattresses, dinning, Kitchen, Toilet & Store tents, hot shower, Tables & chairs & cooking gears.
- Heater: Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp.
- Solar/Generator/Light: 1 Solar panel or Generator for battery charge and light at base camp for use.
- Comprehensive Medical kit.
- Sight seeing: One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Thamel, Pashupatinath, Durbar Square and Boudhnath).
- Dinner: One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Nepalese Staff.
*SERVICE 1 - 21 IS FOR BASE CAMP SERVICE MEMBER *
- Oxygen Bottle (O2): Oxygen bottles will be in stock at base camp in case of an emergency.
- Oxygen Mask & Regulator: Sets of Summit Oxygen mask will be in base camp in case of an emergency.
- Permit: Satellite Phone / walkie-talkie if necessary in basis of Member.
- High Altitude Climbing Sherpa: 1 veteran and Government Licensed per member.
- High camp service: Necessary cooking gas, cooking pot for member, high altitude Sherpa, high altitude tent, high food for member and Sherpa including drinks and cooking crew and fixing gear (C1) (C2) (C3).
- Lunch & Dinner: Lunch & dinner in during the stay in Kathmandu (Welcome dinner is included).
- Insurance: Travel and high altitude insurance, accident, medical & emergency evacuation.
- Rescue Evacuation: Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation cost if required. (Rescue, Repatriation, Medication, Medical Tests and Hospitalization costs.)
- Air Fare: International flight airfare (from and to Kathmandu).
- Personal Expenses: Telephone, Internet, battery recharge, bottled or boiled water, shower, Laundry, any Alcoholic beverages (during the trek and in Kathmandu but we will serve all kinds of beverages for members in base camp), personal equipment and shopping.
- Nepal entry Visa fee: Nepali Visa fee US$ 40 per person for 30 days (to be applied for 60 days (USD$ 100).
- Filming: Special Filming, Camera and Drone permit fee
- Summit Bonus & Tips: Sherpa Summit bonus US$1000 and please, calculate some tips for kitchen staffs as well.
- Extra: Any other services or activities, which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Personal Expenses: Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking/Climbing Gears.
- Our Company’s Service will be "Zero" above Base Camp (If company offers just Base Camp services)
- Any other item not listed in “Cost Includes” section.
Member Personal Equipment
S/No Particular Qty
01. Down suits (dangri) 1
02. Summit shoe 1
03. Walking shoe 1
04. Crampon 1
05. Summit Glove (Mitten) 1
06. Normal gloves 2
07. Summit Snow goggles 1
08. Glacier glasses 1
09. Ice axe 1
10. Harness 1
11. jumper 1
12. Carabiners (normal) 3
13. Sleeping bag (-40C) 1
14. Down filled Mattress 1
15. Summit socks 2
16. Normal socks 3
17. Climbing bag (40 Ltr) 1
18. Helmet 1
19. Down jacket 1
20. Down trouser 1
21. 8 finger / descender 1
22. Headlamp (Icon or Spot) 1
23. Gore-Tex jacket 1
24. Gore-Tex trouser 1
25. Fleece jacket 1
26. Fleece trouser 1
27. Fleece liner gloves 3
28. Screw Gate Carabiner 1
29. Balaclava (wind stopper) 1
30. Thermos bottle 1
31. Base layer (woolen) 2 (set)
32. Water bottle normal 1
2. Fix rope